PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER
You are running an older browser. Please upgrade your browser for better experience.
1. How do I control Tello EDU?
You can control Tello EDU directly via Tello app or with a supported Bluetooth remote controller connected to the Tello app.
2. What kind of interesting things can Tello EDU do during flight?
Tello EDU can perform eight different flips, fly up and down from your hand in Bounce mode, or automatically record short videos with EZ Shots.
3. Can Tello EDU fly indoors?
Yes, Tello EDU is safe to fly indoors. Tello EDU can also fly outdoors, but it is only recommended to do so in windless conditions.
4. Is Tello EDU waterproof?
1. What does Tello EDU's camera feature?
Tello EDU's camera is capable of capturing photos and recording videos. With EZ Shots, users can fly in three specific patterns while recording short videos.
2. Where are my captured photos and video saved? How can I export them?
Photos and video will save to your smartphone. You can export files from your smartphone as needed.
3. Do I need to insert an SD card to store photos and video?
4. What is Tello EDU's video transmission range?
Tello EDU's maximum flight range is approximately 100 m, but that range may vary according to your environment.
1. How do I charge Tello EDU's battery?
You can either charge one battery via the USB port on the aircraft or charge three batteries simultaneously using the battery charging hub.
2. Does Tello EDU support battery hot-swapping?
No. If you do so, you may lose the photos or video taken during your last flight.
1. How do I replace propellers?
You can replace propellers by manually by detaching the old ones and mounting new ones, without any additional tools required.
2. How can I differentiate clockwise (CW) and counterclockwise (CCW) propellers? Do I have to mount different propellers in specific places?
Tello EDU's propellers and motor casings are marked for differentiation. CW and CCW propellers must only be attached to CW and CCW motors, respectively. CW propellers have notches near where they attach to the motors, and CW motor casings are also marked with notches. CCW propellers and motors both do not have notches.
1. How can I update my Tello EDU's firmware?
You can update Tello EDU's firmware via the Tello app.
2. What should I do the update is interrupted or fails?
If the update fails, reconnect your Tello EDU to the Tello app and try again.
3. Can I update my Tello EDU on a computer?
1. Which Bluetooth controllers are compatible with Tello EDU?
Tello EDU is currently compatible with the customized Gamesir T1D.
2. Which programming platforms can I use to program Tello EDU?
Tello currently supports Scratch programming and Swift Playgrounds. More programming platforms will be available in future.
1. Can the Tello app and Tello EDU app be used at the same time?
No. The Tello app is for experiencing the excitement of flight and aerial photography, while the Tello EDU app is focused on programming. Although both apps are compatible with Tello EDU aircraft, one app should be completely turned off before using the other. Tello EDU should also be restarted between uses.
2. Can the Tello EDU app be used for free?
Although most of the app’s functions are free, the Tello EDU app also has games, which include some levels that require payment.
3. What should I do when the Tello EDU app doesn’t work?
The Tello EDU app is provided by Wistron (Shanghai) Ltd. Should you have any questions about the app, please contact Wistron by dialing +86-21-64952384 or sending an email to email@example.com. Thank you for understanding.
1. Does Tello EDU support the Tello app?
Yes. Tello EDU uses the Tello EDU app for programming, games, and flight control, but it also supports the original Tello app for flight control.
2. How do I use Swift Playgrounds to learn Tello Swift courses?
Using an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later, download Swift Playgrounds, then search for “Tello Space Travel” within the app. Download this course and follow the instructions to learn how to program, control, and enable swarm flying.
3. How do I use Mission Pads?
Please check the Mission Pad User Guide to learn how to use Mission Pads.
4. What is the maximum number of Tello EDU units I can control at the same time for swarm flying?
You can control up to four units simultaneously when using the Swift Playgrounds app for swarm flying.
5. What are the main differences between Tello EDU and Tello?
Tello EDU supports all of the same functions and features as Tello, as well as an upgraded SDK 2.0, Mission Pads, and swarm flying.